Order Pickup | Delivery
Welcome to Roberts Creek Well being - Health food store
A Guide to "Spring Cleaning" Your Products
Posted on March 20 2023,
Spring is the perfect time to take inventory of all the products in your home, and clear out anything that doesn’t support your overall health. When we think of healthy living, diet and exercise usually come to mind. But an often overlooked aspect of wellness is paying attention to the products we use on our body and inside our homes, and ensuring they’re free from harmful ingredients.
Unfortunately, many conventional body care and household products contain toxic ingredients which, when used overtime, can lead to unpleasant health symptoms such as hormonal imbalances, inflammation, headaches, skin rashes, and a weakened immune system.
The good news? There are SO many wonderful alternatives on the market that use natural, safe ingredients to offer the same benefits as your favourite conventional products, without the addition of harmful chemicals.
Today, we’re sharing the official Roberts Creek Well-being Guide to “Spring Cleaning” Your Products, and offering safe, non-toxic recommendations for all of our favorite products. We hope this guide inspires you to do some spring cleaning this year, and begin making the switch to a greener, cleaner home.
When it comes to skin care, we recommend looking for products that incorporate nutrient-rich oils, herbs, and essential oils to help cleanse, tone, and moisturizer the skin. Avoid Ingredients like phthalates, parabens, formaldehyde releasers, and synthetic fragrances. A good rule of thumb? Buy products with ingredients you recognize!
- Modern Hippie Aloe & Honeysuckle Cleanser
- Weleda Gentle Milk Cleanser
- Modern Hippie Aloe & Rose Toner
- Fable Rose & Lavender Toning Mist
- Fable Facial Oils
- Modern Hippie Exfoliating Clay Mask
- Christie Woodin handmade in Roberts Creek bar soaps
Choose hair care products that utilize moisturizing oils, herbal extracts, and naturally derived scent to clean and moisturize your hair. Stay away from dimethicone, sulfates, parabens, polyethylene, and synthetic fragrances and colors.
- Carina Organics Shampoo & Conditioner in Sweet Pea or Unscented
- Giovanni Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner
- Carina Organics Hairspray
- Christie Woodin Shampoo Bar
When it comes to oral care, avoid ingredients like fluoride, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfates, and plastic toothbrushes. Instead, choose a toothpaste that naturally cleans and freshens with essential oils and simple ingredients like baking soda, coconut oil, charcoal, and reduces your waste consumption by swapping to a bamboo toothbrush!
- Dr Bronner's Toothpaste
- Desert Essence Toothpaste
- Weleda Calendula Toothpaste
- Radius Pure Silk Floss
- Desert Essence Whitening Mouthwash
- The Future is Bamboo Toothbrush
Avoid deodorants that contain aluminum, talc, parabens, synthetic fragrances, and sweat-blocking antiperspirants, and instead choose products that utilize
- Routine Deodorant
- Lavilin Deodorant
- Weleda Deodorant Spray
- Weleda Pampering & Body Beauty Oil
- Weleda Hydrating Hand Cream
- Fable Apothecary Citrus Vanilla Body Butter
- Caboo Bamboo Wipes
- Natracare Menstrual Products
Household items, such as cleaning sprays, handsoap, and laundry detergent, are often overlooked when it comes to choosing greener products. But conventional versions of these items contain the same harmful chemicals found in body care, such as Butoxyethanol, coat tar dyes, ethanolamines, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, ammonia, and synthetic fragrance.
To find safer options for these products, look for a minimal ingredient list with words that you can actually understand, and scents created from essential oils.
- The Bare Home All Purpose Cleaner
- The Bare Home Laundry Detergent
- The Bare Home Dish Soap
- The Bare Home Hand Soap
- Nellie’s Shower & Bath Cleaner
- Nellie's Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Nellie’s Dishwasher Powder
- Caboo Tree-Free Paper Towels
- Caboo Tree-Free TP
- Canvas Candles
- Burning Sage &/or Palo Santo to cleanse energy in your home
If you’re interested in reducing waste in addition to purchasing cleaner products, you can now buy Bare Home products package-free at our in-store zero-waste refill station! IN STORE SALE COMING SOON- STAY TUNED
Written by: Hannah Schmitt